Terms and conditions of sale
The following "Terms and Conditions of Sale" govern the sale of products and services by JOSEPHINE SILK COUTURE SAS to you through the website www.josephinesilkcouture.com ("Website").
Your use of the Website to purchase products and services indicates your agreement to comply with and to be bound by these Terms and Conditions of Sale, as well as our:
collectively, the “Site Policies". All these Site Policies apply to your access to, use of and purchase of products and services from the Website. You are encouraged to review all these Site Policies. Consequently:
- If you do not agree to our Site Policies, please do not use the Website.
- We reserve the right to make changes to the Website, and the Site Policies at any time.
- If any of these conditions is invalid for any reason, such condition shall be severable and shall not affect the enforceability of all remaining conditions.
2. Products and Measurements
You start your journey by browsing our Collections and choosing your desired style from different features you can customize. Our products are custom-made to your measurements. The fabric is cut based on your personal measurements. Each cut is therefore unique.
We will use a 3D scanning technology to remotely and digitally calculate your body measurements after you upload two photos of yourself and provide other necessary information such as your height. Prior to uploading your photos and providing other information, you will be required to create an account on our Website, so we can guide you through the process. All your body measurements are subject to notification by us, and must be confirmed by you at least for measured items such as chest / waist / low hip. As a guide, you can use our Measurements Instructions available on the My Measurements section of your Account.
Alternatively, you can choose not to use our 3D scanning technology. In this case, you are required to take your own body measurements by hand and under your own responsibility. As a guide, you can use our Measurements Instructions available on the My Measurements section of your Account.
Please note that sizing accuracy is directly related to the information you provide. All your personal data are saved to your account. If your size has changed significantly since the last time you ordered, get measured digitally or manually again.
3. Orders and Fabric Sample
Fabric sample service
The products displayed on the Website may be discontinued, and availability is not guaranteed. The actual colors you see will depend on your monitor and may not be accurate. To help mitigate this issue, we will give you the option of receiving by regular mail a sample of fabrics available in our catalog. The fabric sample size is 10 x 5 cm (about 3.9 x 1.9 in) each. We will immediately debit your credit / debit card after you proceed with the service option.
Order confirmation and cancellation
Order confirmation will be notified via email, after:
- you confirm your body measurements for the first order; and
- payment is completed.
Once an order is confirmed, you will not be able to change your body measurements, or cancel your order, because the pattern has been begun. In such a case, contact us in the Client Service section as soon as possible and we will do our best to assist you.
4. Prices and Payments
All prices are in Euros or US dollars depending on your shipping address (Euro for countries in the Euro area, and US dollars for the rest of the world). Prices may change without notice from time to time.
Our products are designed in France and manufactured in Vietnam, where they are shipped from to your address on a Delivery Duty Paid basis. Consequently, all prices are inclusive of express shipping cost, import duties, and sales tax, when applicable.
The amounts of import duties and sales tax are applied in accordance with applicable state and local regulations based on your shipping address.
We use the online payment platform PayPal. Consequently, you can pay by credit card without having to create a PayPal account. PayPal accepts all major credit cards.
As soon as you place your order, authorization for the necessary payment will be requested automatically to verify the validity of the credit card and availability of funds. Actual payment is completed when the order is confirmed, at which point you will receive a notification email.
5. Shipping and Delivery
Orders are shipped through express air with DHL. All prices are inclusive of shipping costs for express shipping, with the following exceptions:
- For any other shipping method such as premium delivery, you are liable for the freight surcharge associated with the specified request, as specified on your order confirmation email.
- You are also liable for the surcharge associated with a remote delivery location. Remote is defined as distant islands and highlands; a postal code, suburb or town that is inaccessible or infrequently served. In such a case, we will be informed by our courier at destination and our service will inform you to complete the delivery. Consequently, you will be debited 20 USD after we receive the bill from our courier.
- A surcharge is applied when the delivery address provided by you is incomplete, out-of-date, or incorrect and our courier is unable to deliver the shipment. In this case, we will be informed by our courier at destination and our service will search for and determine the correct address to complete the delivery. Consequently, you will be informed, and debited USD 12 after we receive the bill from our courier.
During the checkout process, we will ask you to confirm the shipping address you would like to have your order delivered to. As soon as the order is shipped from our warehouse, we will send you a confirmation email with the Tracking Number to track the delivery with the courier.
Due to the high value of our products, we will require a signature on delivery with valid ID, and the shipping confirmation email.
Upon delivery, you are required to make sure that the number of products delivered is as stated on the shipping confirmation email, and that the package is not damaged in any way. Any damage to the packaging and/or the product or any discrepancy in the number of products delivered should be immediately notified by indicating in writing on the courier’s delivery documents, because we reserve the right to deny any claim in circumstances where you do not send us a copy of these documents. Delivery is deemed complete and title to the products passes to you upon acceptance of the delivery by you.
6. Returns and Refunds
Our garments are hand-made under strict quality control for you with your specified measurements. As a result, we do not offer an exchange service, or refunds, because the fabric is cut based on your measurements and your customizations.
When the garment is missing, damaged or faulty on delivery to you, we are committed to working with you until you are fully satisfied under our policies. In such a case, send us an email via the Client Service section and we will guide you through this process.
Missing, Damaged Items Policy
If you receive an order in a damaged condition (packaging and/or product) and/or with a discrepancy in the number of products delivered, or if the garment does not match the description on the website, you should follow the steps below:
- Open a ticket in the Client Service section within 7 days after receiving the order
- Describe which item is missing
- After notifying in writing on the courier’s delivery documents, send us a copy of these documents because we reserve the right to deny any claim in circumstances where you do not send us these documents
- We will contact you within the next two working days to guide you through the process
- If confirmed, we will place a new order and ship within the standard delivery times
Perfect Fit Guarantee
If you receive an order and your garment does not fit, you should follow the steps below:
- You are required to send us a request via the Client Service section of our Website:
- The request must be made within 7 days of receipt of the garment.
- You should include some pictures of the item, along with a short description of all discrepancies/adjustments to be made to your garment so that we may update your profile and process your request.
- Keep the undesired product unworn and unused, with all its labels on it because we reserve the right to deny any claim in circumstances where the item is not in perfect condition or does not have all its labels on it.
- We will contact you within the next two working days to guide you through the process.
- If your garment requires fitting adjustments, with our agreement, ask your local tailor to fix it and send us their invoice; we will cover your product alterations up to USD 34 for local tailoring under your responsibility; or
- If the garment requires other adjustments and your local tailor cannot fix it, with our agreement, you may send the garment back to us:
- After shipping back the item, please send us a picture of the postage bill and we will refund your postage cost up to USD 42.
- Our factory quality control will inspect the garment, take care of the tailoring for you and ship back within the standard delivery times; in rare cases, we will produce a new garment similar to the original one based on your new measurements and ship within the standard delivery times.
- Your garment may be unable to be remade due to fabric out of stock. In such a case, you may be asked to choose an alternative fabric for your new garment.
Alterations and remakes are offered only once. Alterations to previously approved garments will not be covered under this policy.
7. Force Majeure
We shall not be liable for any delay or failure in performance caused by circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
This Website may contain mistakes, inaccuracies or omissions, some of which may relate to pricing and product information. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, including after an order has been submitted, to cancel an order and to change or update information at any time without prior notice.